SuperATV Polaris Ranger XP 1000 4″ Portal Gear Lift
For the best power and performance on four wheels, get a GDP Portal Gear Lift. With 4” GDP Portals, you can choose either a 15% or 30% gear reduction. That means you get the right amount of torque for your tire size and your Polaris Ranger XP 1000 rides just the way you want it to. If you ride on the wild side, upgrade to dual idlers for unmatched strength. We didn’t make the first side-by-side portal kit on the market—just the first kit that anybody gave a damn about. Our parts are refined through endless blood, sweat, and hard rides. GDP Portals will redefine your Ranger.
What Is a Dual Idler?
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for a more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Perfect No Matter How You Ride
GDP Portal Gear Lifts are built with versatility in mind. They’re for any kind of rider and every kind of adventure. It doesn’t matter if you love a wide-open throttle in the desert or prefer crawling through peanut butter mud—we’ve got you covered. Get a 15% gear reduction for faster rides with enough torque to start getting wild. If you want the ultimate geared-down, torqued-up ride for monster tires, go with a 30% gear reduction. Grab dual idlers on either if you’re the kind of rider that can break anything. The extra strength is for you.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
Normal gear reductions go in the transmission—portal gear reductions go in the hub. Putting it in the hub means your entire drivetrain works less and wears less. And portals maintain factory suspension geometry. That means less stress on your axles, differential, prop shafts, and transmission. You can’t beat it.
Designed with Strength Throughout
We’re dead serious about our strength. Our cast and billet aluminum housings are the thickest and strongest you can get. Combine that with 5/16” backing plates made from an advanced steel alloy, and our portals are unstoppable.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than Chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood—gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
Protect Your Ranger with a Frame Stiffener
Extra ground clearance and bigger tires lead to more action-packed rides. But can your stock frame keep up? To stay confident while you put the pedal to the metal, consider adding a SuperATV Frame Stiffener when installing your new portals.
4” Portal Gear Lift Includes:
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|(2) Steel steering arms|
|(2) Caliper adapter plates (specific models only)|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
|Frame stiffener (optional)|
Max Tire Size Recommendations for 4” Portal Gear Lift
|Max Tire Size||Required Suspension Setup with 4″ Portals|
|29.5″||3″ Lift Kit|
|31″||1.5″ Forward Front A-Arms|
|31″||1.5″ Forward Front A-Arms and 3″ Lift Kit|
|36″||10″ Lift Kit|
|If you need help figuring out which gear reduction is right for you, check out our portal gear reduction calculator.|
|Max tire sizes are measured at full compression and full turn. The given tires sizes are the largest we fit without rubbing. With minor trimming or a small amount of rub, larger tire sizes can be used.|
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Dual idler gear configuration maximizes strength
- Cool, quiet, precision ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel driveshaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets or O-rings that don’t let anything through
- The universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Dual idler gear configuration adds a 1” offset
- Lighter than the competition
- 14” or larger wheel required
- Cannot exceed 5” backspacing
- Not compatible with dual Beadlock wheels
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000: 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Crew: 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Northstar Edition: 2017-2020
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Northstar Edition Crew: 2017-2020
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Northstar Premium: 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Northstar Premium Crew: 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar Ultimate: 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar Ultimate Crew: 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Back Country: 2019
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Back Country Crew: 2019
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Texas Edition: 2020+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Texas Edition Crew: 2020+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 High Lifter: 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 High Lifter Crew: 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Trail Boss: 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Trail Boss Crew: 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Waterfowl Edition: 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Waterfowl Edition Crew: 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Big Game Edition: 2021+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Big Game Edition Crew: 2021+
- Frame stiffener does NOT fit High Lifter Edition
- If you plan on installing this portal kit with a preexisting RIDE System Rear Steering Kit or plan on adding one in the future, call us at 509-406-7192. We’ll make sure you get the correct compatible parts.
- Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25″ (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer.