SuperATV Can-Am Maverick Sport 6″ Dual Idler Portal Gear Lift
You might think you know what your machine is capable of, but you haven’t seen anything until you’ve tried SuperATV’s Can-Am Maverick Sport 6” Portal Gear Lift. It gives you huge ground clearance and an impressive gear reduction to make your UTV bigger and more powerful than ever. With dual idler gears backed by GDP quality, you can’t be stopped.
What is a Dual Idler?
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for a more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Ride the Way You Want
You can choose between 30%, 45%, and 60% gear reductions. Match your gear reduction to the way you ride for perfectly balanced power and speed. If you like to hit the gas and fly on the trails, go with 30%. For mud and rocks, go with 45%. If you’re rocking massive tires and want to make sure you always come out of the bounty hole first, go with the maximum 60% gear reduction.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
GDP Portals give you a gear reduction in the hub instead of the transmission. This reduces the wear and tear on your axles, differential, prop shaft, and transmission. Portals also maintain factory suspension geometry to keep your CVs happy and cool. Your Maverick Sport’s most vital parts will last longer.
These Can-Am Maverick Sport portals are built for hard rides and tons of fun. That’s why everything from the billet housings to the advanced 5/16” steel alloy backing plates are designed to be as strong as possible. Push them to the limit—that’s what they’re for.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than Chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood—gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® Gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
Top-Rate Customer Service
You get a dedicated portal tech support team with your purchase of Maverick Sport GDP Portals. If you need help with anything, give us a call and one of our live team members will pick up the phone.
|6” Portal Gear Lift Includes:|
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|(12) Rear backing plate bushings with sleeves|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
|Max Tire Size Recommendations for 6” Portal Gear Lift|
|Tire Size||Required Suspension Setup with 4″ Portals|
|42″||1.5″ Forward Offset A-Arms|
|If you need help figuring out which gear reduction is right for you, check out our portal gear reduction calculator .|
|Max tire sizes are measured at full compression and full turn. The given tires sizes are the largest we fit without rubbing. With minor trimming or a small amount of rub, larger tire sizes can be used.|
- Dual idler gear configuration
- Cool, quiet, precision-ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- Increases width by 4 in. per side (8 in. total)
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel driveshaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets or O-rings that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- 1” offset
- Lighter than the competition
- 18” or larger wheel required
- Wheels cannot exceed 4-1/2” backspacing
- Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000: 2019+
- Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000 DPS: 2019+
- Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000R DPS: 2019+
- Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000R DPS MAX: 2019+