SuperATV Can-Am Maverick Sport 4″ Portal Gear Lift
Want to know what it’s really like to ride your Maverick? Install SuperATV’s 4” Portal Gear Lift and you’ll have an experience you didn’t think was possible. With tons of ground clearance for bigger tires and your choice of a 15% or 30% gear reduction, you’ll have a whole new machine. Plus, you can amp up the strength with dual idler gears.
What Is a Dual Idler: Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Perfect for All Riding Styles: GDP Portal Gear Lifts aren’t a one-size-fits all solution—you get the kit you need for the way you ride. Get a 15% gear reduction on your Maverick Sport and take on trails, dunes, and desert. You’ll keep your top speed and enjoy the extra torque. Move up to a 30% gear reduction to take on thick slop and rocks with torque that puts the terrain in its place.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain: Portals put the gear reduction right in the hub—after your transmission, prop shaft, differential, and axles. That means it reduces stress on your entire drivetrain. You get more power and your most vital components will last longer, too. That’s a win-win.
Strength Through and Through: We wanted to make sure our portals were the best you can get. That’s why our cast and billet aluminum housings are the thickest and strongest on the market. Combine that with 5/16” backing plates made from an advanced steel alloy, and our portals are unstoppable.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood—gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
Complete the Package with a Frame Stiffener: Portals and monster tires are fun, but they can place additional stress on your machine’s frame. To make your suspension bulletproof, we recommend adding a SuperATV Frame Stiffener when you install your new Can-Am portals!
Top-Rated Customer Service: Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? With GDP, you get a dedicated portal tech support team. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Dual idler gear configuration maximizes strength
- Cool, quiet, precision ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- Increases width by 4 in. per side (8 in. total)
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel drive shaft
- Housings use advanced gaskets or O-rings that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt pattern
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Dual idler gear configuration adds a 1” offset
- Lighter than the competition
- 14” or larger wheel required
- Wheels cannot exceed 4” backspacing
- Not compatible with dual beadlock wheels
- Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000 : 2019+
- Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000 DPS : 2019+
- Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000R DPS : 2019+
- Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000R XRC : 2019+
- Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000R XMR: 2019+
- Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000R XXC : 2020+
- Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000R DPS MAX : 2019+
- Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25″ (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer.
- Instructions – PGH-7-74-301
- Instructions – PGHD-7-77-301
- Instructions – PGHD-7-92-301
- Instructions – PGH-7-92-301
|Can-Am Maverick Sport Portal Gear Reduction Recommendations|
|Tire Size||Required Suspension Setup with 4″ Portals|
|32″||3″ Lift Kit|
|36″||Forward Front A-Arms|
|If you need help figuring out which gear reduction is right for you, give us a call.|
|Max tire sizes are measured at full compression and full turn. The given tires sizes are the largest we fit without rubbing. With minor trimming or a small amount of rub, larger tire sizes can be used.|