SuperATV Yamaha Wolverine RMAX 1000 4″ Portal Gear Lift
SuperATV’s GDP 4” Portal Gear Lift for the Yamaha Wolverine is the ultimate boost to power and performance. Choose from 15% or 30% gear reductions and cast or billet aluminum housings so you can optimize for the kind of riding that you do. Opt for our dual idler configuration to get the strongest portals on the planet.
What is a Dual Idler?
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Perfect for All Kinds of Rides
Rocks, trails and mud are no match for a Yamaha Wolverine portal gear lift. A 30% gear reduction gives you tons of torque to turn big tires through mud or over rocks. A 15% gear reduction still gives you punchy torque while letting you get wild with an open throttle on trails and tracks. No matter what you’re doing, there’s a GDP Portal setup that can help.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
Because GDP Portals put the gear reduction directly in the hub, your entire drivetrain benefits. Your axles, differential, driveshaft, and transmission all work less and wear less with a portal gear lift. You can put the pedal down and have a blast without wrecking your ride.
Stronger Portals by Design
GDP Portals are built to be unmatched. Our housings are well researched and long-tested. And you get a choice—go with cast or USA-made, CNC-machined 6061 billet aluminum. They’re supported by beefy backing plates made of an advanced steel alloy you won’t find in any other portal system. For robust, trail-proven strength, GDP is the only choice.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than Chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood—gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® Gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
4” Portal Gear Lift Includes:
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|(4) Caliper mounting plate shims|
|(2) Steel steering arms|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Dual idler gear configuration maximizes strength
- Cool, quiet, precision ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- Increases width by 4 in. per side (8 in. total)
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel driveshaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets that don’t let anything through
- The universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Dual idler gear configuration adds a 1” offset
- Lighter than the competition
- 14″ or larger wheel required
- If using factory wheels, you must run 1/2″ wheel spacers
- Not compatible with dual Beadlock wheels
- Yamaha Wolverine RMAX 2: 2021+
- Yamaha Wolverine RMAX 4: 2021+