SuperATV Yamaha Viking 4″ Portal Gear Lift
SuperATV’s GDP 4” Portal Gear Lift for the Yamaha Viking gives you power and performance. Choose from 15% or 30% gear reductions and cast or billet aluminum housings so you can optimize for the kind of riding that you actually do. You can get a 30% gear reduction for big tires or challenging rides or a punchy 15% gear reduction for fast trails. Plus, you can upgrade to a stronger portal by opting for our dual idler configuration. Whatever you choose, GDP will give you industry-leading performance on every ride.
What is a Dual Idler?
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for a more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Perfect for All Kinds of Rides
Whether you like rocks, trails, mud, or doing a good day’s work, a Yamaha Viking portal gear lift makes it better. A 30% gear reduction gives you plenty of punchy torque to turn big tires through mud or over rocks. A 15% gear reduction still boosts your torque a ton while preserving your top-end speed for trails and road riding. No matter what you’re doing, there’s a GDP Portal setup that can help.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
Because GDP Portals put the gear reduction directly in the hub, your entire drivetrain benefits. Your axles, differential, driveshaft, and transmission all work less and wear less with a portal gear lift. You can put the pedal down and have a blast without wrecking your ride.
Stronger Portals by Design
We dare you to find portals stronger than GDP. Our housings are well researched and long-tested. And you get a choice—go with cast or USA-made, CNC-machined 6061 billet aluminum. They’re supported by beefy backing plates made of an advanced steel alloy you won’t find in any other portal system. For robust, trail-proven strength, GDP is the only choice.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than Chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood—gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® Gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
Complete the Package with a Frame Stiffener
Yamaha Viking portals and monster tires are fun, but they can place additional stress on your machine’s frame. To make your suspension bulletproof, don’t forget to add a SuperATV Frame Stiffener when you check out!
4” Portal Gear Lift Includes:
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|(4) Caliper mounting plate shims|
|(2) Steel steering arms|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
|Frame stiffener (must select at checkout)|
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Dual idler gear configuration maximizes strength
- Cool, quiet, precision ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- Increases width by 4 in. per side (8 in. total)
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel driveshaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets or O-rings that don’t let anything through
- The universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Dual idler gear configuration adds a 1” offset
- Lighter than the competition
- 14” or larger wheel required
- Wheels cannot exceed 5” backspacing
- If using factory 14″ wheels, you must run 1″ wheel spacers
- Not compatible with dual Beadlock wheels
Max Tire Size Recommendations for 4” Portal Gear Lift
|Max Tire Size||Required Suspension Setup with 4″ Portals|
|24″||2″ Lift Kit|
|29″||1.5” Forward Offset A-Arms|
|30″||2″ Lift Kit and 1.5” Forward Offset A-Arms|
|34″||4″ Lift Kit|
|If you need help figuring out which gear reduction is right for you, check out our portal gear reduction calculator.|
|Max tire sizes are measured at full compression and full turn. The given tire sizes are the largest we fit without rubbing. With minor trimming or a small amount of rub, larger tire sizes can be used.|
- Yamaha Viking: 2014+
- Yamaha Viking EPS: 2014+
- Yamaha Viking EPS Ranch Edition: 2018+
- Yamaha Viking EPS SE: 2015+
- Yamaha Viking VI: 2015+
- Yamaha Viking VI EPS: 2015+
- Yamaha Viking VI EPS Ranch Edition: 2016+
- Yamaha Viking VI EPS SE: 2015-2016
NOTE: Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25″ (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer.