SuperATV Polaris RZR XP 1000 6″ Portal Gear Lift
Get the clearance you need to run bigger tires and the torque you need to turn them with SuperATV’s GDP 6” Portal Gear Lift for the Polaris RZR XP 1000. GDP didn’t make the first side-by-side portal kit on the market—just the first kit that anybody gave a damn about. With these portals, you get to choose your housing style (cast or billet) and gear reduction. Go with a 30%, 45%, or 60% gear reduction, or take your performance to the max with one of our dual idler gear options. SuperATV portals give you the perfect amount of torque to maintain your optimal riding style.
What is a Dual Idler?
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for a more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Designed for All Riders
No matter how you ride, you’ll never look at your machine the same after installing a set of GDP portals. Whether you stick to mud, trails, dunes, or all of the above, we have the RZR portals you need. A smaller 30% reduction is perfect for fast rides with plenty of torque. A 45% reduction will let you run bigger tires and take on bigger rocks. And our 60% gear reduction is a must if you want to build the most menacing mud machine imaginable. You could also add to the badass factor by opting for the dual idler gear configuration.
Keep Your Drivetrain Safe
The gear reduction of these 6” portals happens right in the hub—not in your transmission. This cuts back on the strain put on vital components, like your axles and differential, making them last longer. You’ll be able to ride harder than ever while putting less stress on your vehicle. Talk about having your cake and eating it too!
GDP Delivers Industry-Leading Performance
If you’re not riding on GDP, you’re not riding. A GDP Portal Gear Lift is the best and strongest portal lift on the planet. And you’ve got options, too. Pick from cast or USA-made, CNC-machined 6061 billet aluminum housings. Top-of-the-line housings on top of our 5/16” backing plates make for an unbeatable combination.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than Chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood —gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® Gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
Complete the Package with a Frame Stiffener
A 6” lift and bigger tires make every ride more fun. But those mods also put extra strain on your RZR’s frame. To make sure your frame can keep up, we recommend adding a SuperATV Frame Stiffener when installing your new portals.
|6” Portal Gear Lift Includes:|
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets or O-rings, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates with shims|
|(2) Caliper adapter plates|
|(2) Steel steering arms|
|(2) Hub adapters|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
|Max Tire Size Recommendations for 6” Portal Gear Lift|
|Tire Size||Required Suspension Setup with 4″ Portals|
|36″||1.5″ Forward Offset A-Arms|
|36″||3-5″ Lift Kit|
|39″||1.5″ Forward Offset A-Arms and 3-5″ Lift Kit|
|46″||7-10″ Lift Kit|
|Max tire sizes are measured at full compression and full turn. The given tires sizes are the largest we fit without rubbing. With minor trimming or a small amount of rub, larger tire sizes can be used.|
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housings
- Dual idler gear configuration maximizes strength
- Cool, quiet, precision-ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel driveshaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets that don’t let anything through
- The universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Dual idler gear configuration adds a 1.5” offset
- Lighter than the competition
- 18” or larger wheel required
- 18” wheels cannot exceed 4-1/2” backspacing
- 20” and larger wheels cannot exceed 5” backspacing
- Polaris RZR XP 1000: 2014+
- Polaris RZR XP 4 1000: 2014+
- Please check the bolt size of the hardware that fastens the Radius Arms to the brace plate (see image below). Select the socket size that corresponds to your OEM size. Polaris made a change in the mid-year in 2017 that has caused some confusion with fitment.
- Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25″ (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer.