SuperATV Polaris RZR XP 1000 4″ Portal Gear Lift
We didn’t make the first side-by-side portal kit on the market—just the first kit that anybody gave a damn about. If you want to see what unbeatable power and performance can do for your Polaris RZR XP 1000, get SuperATV’s 4” GDP Portal Gear Lift. You get the perfect combination of ground clearance and torque from your choice of a 15% or 30% gear reduction. Get the strength your wild rides need by adding dual idlers to the package. Nobody does portals like GDP. If you want peak RZR performance, make sure it’s GDP.
What is a Dual Idler?
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for a more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Ride Anywhere You Want
GDP Portals aren’t just for one type of rider. Whether you like trails or mud, whether you take it easy or cut loose, our portals will give you a better experience. Get a 15% gear reduction for faster rides with enough torque to start getting wild. If you want the ultimate geared-down, torqued-up ride for monster tires, go with a 30% gear reduction. Grab dual idlers on either if you’re the kind of rider that can break anything. The extra strength is for you.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
With the gear reduction in the hub, it makes life easier for the entire drivetrain before it. Your axles maintain factory geometry and work less. Your axles, prop shaft, differential, and transmission are under less stress. That means longer-lasting components and a lift that doesn’t destroy your machine.
Strength Through and Through
Strength is the core of everything we do. If it’s not strong, it’s not worth your time. That’s why our cast and billet aluminum housings are the thickest and strongest you can get. Combine that with 5/16” backing plates made from an advanced steel alloy, and our portals are unstoppable.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than Chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood—gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
Protect Your RZR with a Frame Stiffener
Extra ground clearance and bigger tires lead to more action-packed rides. But can your stock frame keep up? To stay confident while you put the pedal to the metal, consider adding a SuperATV Frame Stiffener when installing your new portals.
|4” Portal Gear Lift Includes:|
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|(2) Caliper adapter plates|
|(2) Steel steering arms|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
|Polaris RZR XP 1000 Portal Gear Reduction Recommendations|
|Max Tire Size||Required Suspension Setup with 4″ Portals|
|29″ to 33″||Stock|
|34″ to 35″||1.5″ Forward Offset A-Arms|
|36″||3-5″ Lift Kit|
|37″ to 39″||1.5″ Forward Front A-Arms and 3-5″ Lift Kit|
|40″ to 44″||7-10″ Lift Kit|
|Max tire sizes are measured at full compression and full turn. The given tires sizes are the largest we fit without rubbing. With minor trimming or a small amount of rub, larger tire sizes can be used.|
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Dual idler gear configuration maximizes strength
- Cool, quiet, precision ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel driveshaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets or O-rings that don’t let anything through
- The universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Dual idler gear configuration adds a 1” offset
- Lighter than the competition
- 14″ or larger wheel required
- 14″ & 15″ wheels cannot exceed 4-1/2″ backspacing
- 16″ and larger wheels cannot exceed 5″ backspacing
- If using factory 14″ wheels, you must run 2″ wheel spacers
- Not compatible with dual Beadlock wheels
- Polaris RZR XP 1000: 2014+
- Polaris RZR XP 4 1000: 2014+
- Please check the bolt size of the hardware that fastens the Radius Arms to the brace plate (see image below). Select the socket size that corresponds to your OEM size. Polaris made a change in the mid-year in 2017 that has caused some confusion with fitment.
- Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25″ (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer.