SuperATV Polaris Ranger XP 570 8″ Portal Gear Lift
What can you do in a Polaris Ranger XP 570 with 8” GDP Portals installed? Anything you want. With huge ground clearance, a 45%, 60%, or 70% gear reduction, and a dual idler gear option, you’ll be able to take on any nasty terrain. An 8” GDP Portal Gear Lift will change the way you ride.
What is a Dual Idler?
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for a more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
45%, 60%, and 70% Gear Reductions—Perfect for Mud
You’ve never done mud until you’ve tackled a bounty hole riding high on 8” portals. That ground clearance keeps your head above the deepest mud holes, and with up to a 70% torque-boosting gear reduction, there’s no tire big enough or mud thick enough to slow you down.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
Unlike a traditional gear reduction kit, portals put the gear reduction in the hub. That means it puts less stress on your axles, differential, prop shaft, and transmission. Your components will last longer than riding stock, and you’ll be rocking a killer lift.
Housings and Backing Plates Built Stronger
GDP Portals are the strongest you can get because we know how to make them tough. We’ve been using them and refining them for years. Whether you go with cast or USA-made, 6061 billet aluminum housings (which look awesome), you’ll get unmatched strength through superior design. Combine that with 5/16” backing plates made with an advanced steel alloy, and you’ve got the brawniest portals on the market.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than Chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood—gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® Gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
A Frame Stiffener Is Required
A frame stiffener is required with your 8” portals. Why? As awesome as the Ranger XP 570 is, the stock frame just isn’t up to snuff to handle a big lift like this. Trust us, we know from experience. Get a frame stiffener and save your frame.
|8” Portal Gear Lift Includes:|
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|(2) Caliper adapter plates (dual idler configuration only)|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
|Frame stiffener (must select at checkout)|
|Max Tire Size Recommendations for 8” Portal Gear Lift|
|Tire Size||Required Suspension Setup with 8″ Portals|
|37″||1.5″ Forward Front A-Arms|
|38″||1.5″ Forward Front A-Arms and 3″ Lift Kit|
|48″||6″ Lift Kit|
|If you need help figuring out which gear reduction is right for you, check out our portal gear reduction calculator.|
|Max tire sizes are measured at full compression and full turn. The given tires sizes are the largest we fit without rubbing. With minor trimming or a small amount of rub, larger tire sizes can be used.|
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Dual idler gear configuration maximizes strength
- Cool, quiet, precision ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. forward and rear offset
- Increases width by 4 in. per side (8 in. total)
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel driveshaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets or O-rings that don’t let anything through
- The universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- 22″ or larger wheel required
- Wheels cannot exceed 5″ backspacing
- Polaris Ranger XP 570 (PRO-FIT Cab) : 2015-2016
- Polaris Ranger XP 570 Crew (PRO-FIT Cab) : 2015-2016
NOTE: Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25″ (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer.