SuperATV Polaris General 6″ Portal Gear Lift
Get the clearance you need to run bigger tires and the torque you need to turn them with SuperATV’s GDP 6” Portal Gear Lift for the Polaris General 1000. GDP didn’t invent side-by-side portals, but we did perfect them. With these portals, you get to choose your housing and gear reduction. Go with a 30%, 45%, or 60% gear reduction or take your performance to the max with one of our dual idler gear options. SuperATV portals give you the perfect amount of torque to maintain your optimal riding style.
What is a Dual Idler?
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
Ride Wherever You Want
You’ve never really ridden until you’ve done it with a GDP Portal Gear Lift. If you’re the kind of rider who’s always up for a challenge, these portals were made for you. From dunes to mud and everything in between, we’ve got a portal kit for every rider. Get a smaller 30% reduction for fast rides that pack plenty of torque. Go with a 45% gear reduction to run bigger tires and take on rougher terrain. Or build the mother of all mudders with a 60% gear reduction. You can even opt for dual idlers to really push your build over the edge. A portal gear lift gives you your torque back, so even the wildest and most massive build can run with the best of them.
Portals Protect Your Drivetrain
Portals place the gear reduction in the hub, meaning less stress is put on your drivetrain. Your machine’s most vital parts won’t have to work overtime to make up for the extra 6” of lift. Your axles, prop shaft, differential, and transmission will thank you, and they’ll last longer, too.
GDP Gives You the Toughest Portals on the Market
GDP is the strongest and most trusted portal gear system in existence. Our cast and billet aluminum housings are the thickest and strongest you can get, and they’re backed by unmatched real-world experience, so you can be confident that you’re getting a kick-ass product. Throw in our 5/16” backing plates made from an advanced steel alloy and you’re left with downright unstoppable Polaris General portals.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than Chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood—gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® Gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
6” Portal Gear Lift Includes:
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets or O-rings and thrust bearings.|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|(2) Steel steering arms|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- 9310 alloy billet steel precision ground gears are cool and quiet
- Increases width by 4 in. per side (8 in. total)
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel drive shaft
- No leak bearings and seals
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Comes complete with all hardware, backing plates, brakes lines and instructions
- 18” or larger wheel required
- 18” wheels cannot exceed 4-1/2” backspacing
- 20” and larger wheels cannot exceed 5” backspacing
- Polaris General 1000: 2016+
- Polaris General 4 1000: 2017+
- Does not fit Polaris General XP 1000: 2020+
- Does not fit Polaris General XP 4 1000: 2020+
- Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25″ (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer.