SuperATV Polaris General 4″ Portal Gear Lift
More power. Bigger tires. Greater ground clearance. These are just a few of the benefits you get when you install SuperATV’s GDP 4” Portal Gear Lift on your Polaris General. No matter what kind of riding you’re into, we’ve got the portals for you. A 30% gear reduction lets you go all out with maximum torque and bigger tires, and a 15% gear reduction is perfect for agile trail riding. You also get your choice of cast or billet aluminum housings. And if you want the most durable kit on the planet, upgrade to dual idlers. No matter what you choose, GDP portals will completely overhaul your riding experience.
What is a Dual Idler?
Perfection takes time. After years of research and development, we’ve made our dual idler gear portals unlike any other. By placing a second idler gear in the portal box, the load gets spread over twice as much surface area for more reliable torque transfer and the strongest gear set you can get. Two idler gears don’t do a thing if they’re not mated perfectly, though. Precision CNC grinding ensures ours do. Our gears are made from the industry’s toughest 9310 steel alloy. Didn’t think dual idlers mattered? With GDP’s quality and experience, they finally do.
GDP Lets You Ride Where You Want
With 15% and 30% gear reduction options available, you can customize your GDP Portals for the kind of riding you actually do. If you’ve never tackled mud or rocks while riding on portals, you’re seriously missing out. GDP Portals with a 30% gear reduction have the torque you need to push big tires through nasty bounty holes and crawl over bigger rocks. Or you can opt for a 15% gear reduction if you like to ride fast in trails and don’t need huge tires. You’ll still have torque that makes you smile.
Save Your Drivetrain with Portals
Portals put the gear reduction right in the hub, which is a literal lifesaver for some of your vehicle’s most critical components. Putting the reduction in the hub places less stress on your axles, differential, prop shaft, and transmission, so you can ride harder than stock while causing less wear. Talk about a win-win situation!
GDP Makes It Stronger
You won’t find a setup tougher than GDP’s Polaris General Portals—we promise. We’ve done the research, we’ve conducted the tests, and we’ve designed portals that are strong enough to keep up with any type of off-road lifestyle. Our cast and billet aluminum housings come paired with backing plates made with a specialized steel alloy that’s perfectly suited for a portal lift’s extreme rides.
- Our housings are reinforced for gear retention and optimized for oil flow
- Advanced steel alloy backing plates are stronger than Chromoly
- Enhance with Portal Blood—gear oil formulated for GDP Portals
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
Advanced Gaskets, Seals, and Bearings
Our portals use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® Gaskets and O-rings with excellent oil resistance and low deterioration rates
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
- Double-angular contact output bearings to prevent premature wear
- Roller idler and drive bearings to maintain perfect gear meshing
4” Portal Gear Lift Includes:
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|(2) Steel steering arms|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Dual idler gear configuration maximizes strength
- Cool, quiet, precision-ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel drive shaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets or O-rings that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Dual idler gear configuration adds a 1” offset
- Lighter than the competition
- 14” or larger wheel required
- Cannot exceed 5” backspacing
- Not compatible with dual Beadlock wheels
- Polaris General 1000: 2016+
- Polaris General 4 1000: 2017+
- Does not fit Polaris General XP 1000: 2020+
- Does not fit Polaris General XP 4 1000: 2020+
- Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25″ (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer.