SuperATV Honda Pioneer 1000 8” Portal Gear Lift
The Honda Pioneer is one of the most capable and versatile machines out there. But you haven’t truly seen what this machine can do until you’ve equipped it with an 8” GDP Portal Gear Lift from SuperATV. Our portals give you a big lift and a 45% or 60% gear reduction all in one package, wrapped up in either cast or billet aluminum housings. Get ready to experience Pioneer power like never before.
GDP—the Most Trusted Name in Portals: Riders choose our portals over any other brand because of GDP’s unmatched quality and impeccable track record. We’ve been in the portal game longer than anyone else. Still not sure? Just ask any of the thousands of riders that are already rolling on GDP portals. They shouldn’t be hard to find—just look at any ride park in the country.
Perfect for Mud: Portals and mud are a match made in heaven. There’s no better way to plow through the deepest, swampiest mud pit without breaking something or flooding your machine. GDP portals give you the clearance you need to go deeper and the torque needed to chew through the thickest sludge.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain: In portals, the lift is placed in the hub instead of in the transmission. So what does this mean for you? It means there’s not as much stress placed on your Pioneer’s most critical components. That lets you ride harder without worrying about destroying your axles, differential, or prop shaft.
Unmatched Gear Material: These Honda Pioneer portal gears are made from 9310 alloy steel—there’s no better gear material out there. Each gear is precision ground to ensure perfect mating every time. That leaves you with portals that run smoothly and quietly every time, no matter how wild your ride gets.
Stronger Housing by Design: We’ve been around the block a time or two, so we know how important it is to have housings that won’t quit. We’ve been designing and refining ours for years. With GDP, you get to choose between cast or billet aluminum housings. Either way, you’re getting the same great benefits.
- Our housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
The Strongest Portal Backing Plates You Can Get: Portal backing plates are what hold your whole suspension together, so they need to be bulletproof. Ours are hand welded from a special steel alloy that’s even stronger than chromoly. At 5/16” thick, these backing plates are guaranteed to be one of the strongest components on your entire machine.
Advanced Gaskets and Seals: Whether you go with cast or billet, both housings use:
- Advanced gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- Rubber O-rings that completely seal the housings
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Bearings That Rock: Every little piece of a GDP Portal Gear Lift is built to last—right down to the bearings. Our output bearings are double-angular contact bearings that can handle even the most brutal riding conditions without failing. That means you can enjoy years of rough riding without any premature wear.
Universal Hubs and Slotted Rotors: All SuperATV portals use stainless steel rotors that are precision ground to ensure quick and accurate braking power. They come with 4/156, 4/137, 4/115, and 4/110 bolt patterns and lugs so you can run just about any UTV wheel out there. We also invented the tapered output shaft our hubs attach to. It gives you a secure lock that won’t wobble or wear as time goes on.
Reinforce Your Ride with a Frame Stiffener: Any machine, no matter how powerful, is going to need some extra support once you add a portal gear lift. That’s why a frame stiffener is required if you want to run these 8” GDP portals. It provides all the support you need to go big and ride hard.
Top-Rated Customer Service: Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? We’ve got a dedicated team just for portal support. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Cool, quiet, precision ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. forward and rear offset
- Increases width by 4 in. per side (8 in. total)
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel driveshaft
- Housings use advanced gaskets and rubber O-rings that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- 22″ or larger wheel required
- Wheels cannot exceed 5″ backspacing
8” Portal Gear Lift Includes:
- (4) Assembled Portal Hub Boxes Complete With 9310 Gears, Seals, Output Shaft, Gaskets, and Thrust Bearings
- (4) Universal Hubs and Precision-Ground Stainless Steel Slotted Rotors With Lugs
- (4) Specialized Steel Alloy Backing Plates
- (2) Bearing Carriers
- (4) Steel Caliper Mounting Plates
- (4) Drive Gear Spacers
- (8) Bushings With (4) Steel Sleeves
- Extended Brake Lines
- All Required Hardware, Including Recessed Castle Nut Socket
- Frame Stiffener (Must Select at Checkout)
- Honda Pioneer 1000 : 2016+
- Honda Pioneer 1000 Deluxe : 2016+
- Honda Pioneer 1000 Limited Edition : 2022+
- Honda Pioneer 1000-5 : 2016+
- Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe : 2016+
- Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition : 2022+
- Honda Pioneer 1000-6 : 2023+
- 8” GDP Portals are not compatible with SuperATV’s 3” Lift Kit
- Wheels need to have a center hole of at least 3.25″ (82.55mm) or require a 1” wheel spacer
- Not compatible with Keller Ball Joints
|Honda Pioneer 1000 Portal Gear Lift Suspension Recommendations
|Max Tire Size
|Required Suspension Setup with 8″ Portals
|Up to 35″
|Up to 36″
|1.5” Forward Offset A-Arms
|Up to 44″
|6” Lift Kit
|Max tire sizes are measured at full compression and full turn. The given tires sizes are the largest we fit without rubbing. With minor trimming or a small amount of rub, larger tire sizes can be used.