Gilomen Innovations General 1000 Performance ECU Tune
This is for the Performance ECU Tune only. Does not include a clutch kit or any other items. You would need to select those items seperatly. If you are looking for the full performance tune kit that includes clutching please select that product in the products lineup. Do not buy this tune and expect it to perform properly with stock clutching or an inferior clutch kit.
We have developed the ultimate ECU tune for the General 1000 model! The G6 ECU reflash brings out all available power from the Prostar 1000 engine! It opens up all of the power limiting governors to give you instant hard pulling power! It performs great on regular pump gas. All engine protections are left in place so your engine stays running safe. Fuel and timing maps revised for peak performance. I have found that Polaris has their factory tuning designed in order to pass strict EPA testing which is hard on engine internals and provides limited power production.
The revised timing and fuel maps allow the engine to make more power with cooler piston crown and valve temps. We have lowered the cooling fan “ON” temperature from 205F to 190F degrees to help your engine run cooler and last longer during hot days. We have also raised the rev limiter to a safe 9200 RPM, disabled the speed limiter in high gear, and raised the speed limiter in low gear to 45 MPH. If your machine is equipped with turf mode, it will remain fully functional. Speeds can exceed 85 MPH with this tune.
Once you get the tuned ECU simply plug it in and you are ready to go. 10.7 HP gain over stock. Price includes shipping to you. It is your responsibility to get your ecu to me if you chose to send yours in for tuning. Turn around time is 1 business day. Clutch tuning is absolutly needed for this ECU tune to deliver power properly. The stock clutch calibration will not allow the engine to operate at the correct power curve / RPM.
If you are not an experienced clutch tuner, I recommend purchasing our tune / clutch performance package kit.
ECU Tuning Options:
- You may purchase a brand new ECU from us
- You may purchase one of our used ECU’s on the CORE EXCHANGE PROGRAM
- You can send your stock ECU in to us
- 100% throttle when the pedal is to the floor!
- All Torque Limiters Disabled
- Professionally developed timing maps for peak performance on pump gas
- Professionally developed fuel maps
- Fan settings lower to keep engine running cool and lasting longer on hot days
- Seat-belt limiter disabled
- RPM limiter raised to a safe 9200 RPM
- Speed limiters eliminated
- False misfire codes 65590, 65591, 65592 are eliminated
- Engine protections left in place
- Retains Turf mode on equipped models
- Heater function works 100% if equipped
False Misfire Codes: Many Polaris models with stock ECU programming suffer from false misfire codes ( 65590, 65591, 65592 ) due to drive belt issues, excessive tire spin, constant high speed driving, or for no apparent reason at all. Polaris made these codes way too sensitive & are unable to delete the codes. Our newest version tunes 3/12/2018 and later will eliminate the false check engine codes 65590, 65591, 65592!!