EVO DT-130 Turbo System For 2020+ Can-Am Defender HD10
The Can-Am Defender is arguably one of the best utility side-by-sides on the planet. And after rigorous testing in the EVP dyno labs and testing grounds, we’ve taken it to an entirely new level with 56% more power than stock plus loads of additional tune features that flat-out rewrite the book on Defender performance. Trust us; you won’t believe it’s the same machine.
The EVP DT-130 Turbo System amplifies everything you love about the HD10 platform by transforming it into a completely different monster thanks to smooth and consistent power delivery. This complete bolt-on, intercooled turbo system is meticulously designed and engineered from the ground-up in-house using only the highest quality components. The turbocharger unit features an OEM-style German application Schwitzer oil-cooled journal bearing CHRA turbocharger that is properly sized for the power output of the Rotax V-Twin engine. The complete turbocharger is ceramic-coated black, which offers a clean appearance as well as added durability. The ceramic coating also helps keep radiant heat in check to maintain exceptional exhaust velocity and responsive boost response.
All EVP Defender Turbo Systems include an intercooler assembly with an automatic intercooler fan switch that’s programmed to power on only when the engine is running. This means you can key on the auxiliary function for music and other accessories without the intercooler draining the battery. Additionally, an OEM-style, dual-stage engine safety feature is also incorporated into the (stock) ECU. This EVP-exclusive feature alerts drivers if engine intake and/or water temperatures reach unsafe levels:
- Stage 1 Safety Strategy has an audible dash alarm that alerts the driver if intake temperatures reach a critical level.
- Stage 2 Safety Strategy has a “limp home” mode that limits the RPM and TQ to prevent further critical high temperatures and/or damage.
Lastly, all EVP Defender Turbo Kits include our signature handmade exhaust system designed and built from the ground-up specifically for this turbo system and the HD10 platform. The handcrafted and TIG-welded exhaust is constructed from the finest thick-walled 304 stainless steel right here in the U.S.A. Like all EVP exhaust, this system provides the proverbial deep growl your Defender deserves without being obnoxiously loud or “tinny.” An integrated spark arrestor is also included within the muffler.
EVP DISCLAIMER: An EVP CodeShooter ECU flashing device is required for all EVP Defender Turbo Systems. If you do not already own a CodeShooter, please ensure you select the proper kit below.
EVP DISCLAIMER: Clutching your vehicle is mandatory with all EVP turbo systems to meet the revised/higher operating RPM. It is up to the customer to ensure the vehicle is equipped with the proper clutching requirements:
- Non-XMR Defender models: EVP Defender Custom Clutch Kit, or EVP TAPP Primary Clutch
- XMR Defender models: (XMR Clutch Kit coming soon!) EVP TAPP Primary Clutch
EVP DEFENDER TURBO KIT INCLUDES:
- EVP Defender Turbocharger Assembly
- EVP Defender Turbo Silicone Charge Tube Kit, Black
- EVP Defender Turbo Exhaust System
- EVP Defender Turbo Intercooler Assembly
- EVP High-Flow Air Filter w/ Pre-Filter
- EVP Defender Turbo Drain Kit
- EVP Defender Turbo Airbox Relocation Kit
- EVP Defender Turbo Install Kit
- EVP CodeShooter ECU Flashing Device & Cable (optional)
EVP DEFENDER TURBO KIT FEATURES:
- Outstanding power gains on 91 pump gas
- Compatible with both A/C and non-A/C Defenders (Air Conditioning)
- Ceramic-coated turbocharger housing keeps radiant heat in check while delivering exceptional exhaust velocity
- EVP-exclusive integrated dual-stage ECU Safety Strategy safeguards against critical temperatures to keep minimal stress on engine components
- Includes intercooler with automatic fan switch that only powers on when engine is running
- Handcrafted stainless-steel exhaust system installs discreetly beneath the OEM bed to retain full cargo capacity
- Bolt-on installation, includes everything required for proper mounting and performance (clutching not included, optional BOV sold separately)
- Requires EVP CodeShooter flashing device