Our S3 recoil clutch kits pack a huge punch! No matter the terrain, they hit hard and just keep pulling for days. On the trail or at the race you’ll notice wicked acceleration and instant clutch response when getting back into the throttle after hammering that corner. In the dunes you’ll see the same benefits, but also have much less bogging when climbing that big dune. The machine will hold RPM so you can get where you need to go, and get there faster! Going mudding? Our mud setup will help turn those tires through the thick and deep with much better RPM and wheel speed that’s key to climbing out of that hole. We have a huge amount of CVT knowledge, a great passion for the sport, and spent many hours testing different setups in the real world. We know you’ll be extremely pleased with the performance gain from our clutch kits!
Some will offer different clutch kits for 2016 vs 2017 models. These two years do require different weight setups. Our kit is the same for both due to the weights being adjustable enough for both years. Your setup guideline will let you know the correct setup for your year.
- Fits 2016-2020 RZR XP Turbo Models 2 & 4 Seat. 2016 models require our 2017+ Helix Buttons. If you have a Turbo S please see our other part #for that kit.
- S3 kits include our custom cut helix which will give you better power to the wheels on 2017-18 models because of the slightly steeper angle. On 2016 models you will see quicker RPM climb into peak power, and better belt life. All models will see a more consistent RPM sweep. Factory helixes start off steep, then go shallower on the top end. For turbo machines, this is completely backwards. We run a straight angle as changing the load on a heavy machine in the middle of a shift can cause some issues. Basically, 2016 helixes were too steep and therefor had belt issues, 2017 helixes went MUCH shallower and the performance to the wheels suffers. We found just the right angle to make everything happy with great belt life and great performance.
- ***2016 models will need to upgrade to the 2017 helix buttons***
- Kits work great with both stock or modified machines
- A must have when tuning your XPT
- A must have when running larger tires or paddles
- Huge acceleration gains
- Wicked throttle response when on & off the throttle
- More efficient power transferred to the wheels
- More consistent clutch performance
- Cooler running belt temps (especially when running larger tires or paddles!)
- Longer belt and clutch life
- Easily adjustable if needed
- Performance Helix 1031(aggressive holeshot): For 2 seat XPT 28-32″ Tires / 28-32″ paddles. This helix works excellent for the listed setups and has a more aggressive shift angle from 0-25mph over the 1024 performance helix. This is best for holeshots and aggressive riders that are trail riding, dune riding racing, and drag racing. This setup will still crawl good when needed, but if your riding is more slow speed/crawling, we’d suggest the 1024 helix.
- Performance Helix 1024: For 2 or 4 seat XPT 28-32″ Tires or paddles. The only difference over the 1031 performance helix is the shift angle from 0-25mph is slightly less aggressive. This makes it better for crawling and those slow speed situations, but it still pulls like crazy when needing to accelerate hard. **Keep in mind if you have a 2018+ 4 seat model they are geared higher. If your tires or paddles are 31-32″ and heavy, you may want to go with the high load clutch kit**
- High Load Helix 1021: For 2 seat XPT 34-35″ Tires. For 4 seat XPT 32-35″ tires / 32″ paddles. If you are using very large/heavy tires, the high load helix might be the choice for you. The high load helix is recommended for those turning heavy 34-35″ tires. This angle slows the shift down to help act like it’s “gearing down” the secondary clutch. This helps not over shift and cause belt slip. **Keep in mind if you have a 2018+ 4 seat model they are geared higher. If your tires or paddles are 31-32″ and heavy, you may want to go with the high load clutch kit**
- Close to stock engagement which is very smooth.
- Our Recoil clutch weights are easily adjustable with simple magnets. They have a custom AA profile, the BEST coating on the market(nitrocarburizing) which has increased wear resistance, improved fatigue strength, and added surface lubricity. These clutch weights also offer great performance, and the ability to tune for many different applications or modification in the future, without the need to buy extra parts. The magnetic weights are the best option to properly place the mass where we need it on the weight for best performance for your application.
- An initial setup guideline is included which shows the best setups for dunes, mud, or all around trail riding. This also has brief instructions on installing your clutch kit, and other important information. View our installation instruction video HERE
- Kits include: AA Recoil magnetic adjustable clutch weights, primary spring, secondary spring, AA custom helix & setup guidelines/instructions.
- The only tool needed is our Compression Tool #1. The primary components can be done with the clutch on the machine. If you’d like to pull the primary to check the bolts behind it, or just to make installation easier, use this Clutch Puller. Warning: many of the XPT primary clutches are on the crank very tight(tapered fit). If removing the primary, make sure you use plenty of grease on the puller tip and threads. A hammer might be needed to pop the clutch off.
- We’d HIGHLY recommend using our Snap Ring Delete Kit when installing this kit on 2016-2018 models. Makes life much easier!